Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My first week picketing Bank of America...


Today a week ago is when I started my boycott against the banks, concentrating on Bank of America.

I have put in no less than 3 hours a day with as many as 5 hours, as time allows.

The photo shows me (yesterday) at W. Charleston Blvd and S. Decatur in Las Vegas Tuesday Sept 23. When you drive past and see me or our supporters, give us a honk and write Bank of America and let them know that you will not use ANY of their services until they stop screwing the public.

Working this past week in front of several B.O.A. banks in Las Vegas, we have been getting a lot of positive feedback, but I have also been given the finger twice and one guy told me to "get a job"! However, we get a lot of support from persons 22-70, but the very young and very old don't seem to care. I guess the younger ones have not been screwed enough by the banks, and the older ones forgot...

Luckily, being self employed allows me to stand in front of these banks and inform the public how badly the banks are ripping them off whether they are a customer or not.

We ask you to Boycott Bank of America and to not support the bank bailout unless consumer safeguards are in place. Given the past track record of banks, they will take our money with no thanks and continue with their abusive policies and fees.

We DEMAND if we give you money to help bail your ass out of your crisis caused by you, that makes us your partner. We demand a stop to excessive fees, questionable accounting practices and abusive policies that you now have in place.

The banks have been working with our money so long that the think they are entitled to it...

The past week I have been putting together our main website, stopbankabuse.com and working on a plan to take our grievances nationwide.

Our website will have resources and information on different banks, and their fees and policies. We are also looking for a bank(s) that treat the public fairly, so we can suggest a better bank for people to move into.

The bottom line is if people don't care and don't take some kind of action, nothing will change and the bank will keep ripping off the public and customers.

We need volunteers around the country to take on the largest bank in America, Bank of America.

One hour a week or one hour a month, donating a small amount of your time will pay you back tenfold if we can get even a part of what we are asking for.

If we can make even small changes to Bank of America fees and policies, the rest of the banks will follow... Working together, we can make a change....

RGS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife, and I,have been protesting at our branch of Bank of America, for the last forty-five bussiness days.Myself fulltime, my wife partime.Bank of America robbed us of $210.00. We are paying off their debit, at a mere cost of one dollar per day.That's pretty cheap advertising for this day and age.The positive response we receive is overwhelming, and far out weighs the negative, and only further strengthens our resolve. For those so few negative responders, My comment is to stop watching Ostrich TV, and turn on the news.As you know one of the banks tactics is to make you feel you are the only one. This is not true. There are far to many Joe's that has been Jerked Around for far to long. We have a petition going, with over 100 signatures. We also have a complaint filed with the OCC, Office of Comptroller and Currency.We have also e-mailed our Gov. Charlie Crist, whom is very much against price gouging.Price gouging is exactly what the banks are doing.Our hats off to you sir,we will do this.

Larry L. Tornai
aka JoetheJerkedAound
Sarasota, Fl.

Anonymous said...

Happy 50th Birthday,. Thats right this coming Monday 1/12/09 will be day 50 at our branch.Last night after close they [bank employee's] were all standing outside their cars. I pulled up even though I have a trespass warrant, I just had to let them know, I was bringing cake, and just wanted to know if one of them wanted to bring icecream.They did not think this was funny, I thought all party's were supposed to be fun.So far no response from the bank re: my complaint with the OCC. We did altough collect another 40 signitures on our petition.My wife and I have been passing copies of your web page, hopefully the comments wilkl start coming in.I will try to update you every week with our progress.Thank,s again.

Joethejerkedaround
Sarasota Fl.